Miss Malarie

Thursday, August 11, 2016

13 Weeks

One minute and thirty-one seconds. After laying still on the bed for one minute and thirty-one seconds the doppler finally picked up a heartbeat. Talk about a panicked hopeful momma-to-be.

Flashback to last week... Our good ole Cherokee County Fair was in town and I wanted nothing more than a Church Wagon Corndog! YUM! As I was practically dreaming about this stick of deliciousness, it hit me--my doctor told me no hot dogs. This could not be happening! So after some research and phone calls, we found out that as long as the hot dog reached 165° it would be safe to eat. Surely this deep fried dog met that requirement. (Side note: for those that don't know, hot dogs are like my favorite food. I know, kind of silly.) Anyway I got to indulge in my favorite County Fair meal and life was grand!

The next day I started getting a pain in the right side of my stomach along with a few other worrisome issues for the next 3 days and Sunday I decided to call Ryan (who has been working away the past 2 weekends) and he told me to go to the ER. The rest of Sunday I started feeling better so I told him I would just wait until my appointment Thursday (today).

My mom was excited she got to go with me this morning to my appointment since she probably won't get to go to any now that school is starting. The first thing the nurse did was try to find the heartbeat and the minute and thirty-one seconds was the longest time of my life. All I could think about was I shouldn't have ate the corndog and I should have went to the ER on Sunday. Then, in the next second we heard the most beautiful drum pattering sound. Baby Stu was still doing okay in there. My alligator tears started to fall, now in relief. When the doctor came in she went ahead and did an ultrasound and oh my, there are no words! The doctor said there is a little miracle in there...she has no idea. Baby Stu was pretty much doing backflips and we couldn't keep up him/her because of how much he/she was moving! Mom said I have an Olympian in my belly in either swimming or gymnastics. Baby Stu must be picking up on all the Olympic Games I've been watching. 


Today has been filled with many emotions, but what a great day it has been!!! I was so excited we got to sneak an extra peek of Baby Stu! I just can't wait to become a momma to this precious baby. Also, I can't say enough how thankful I am for the prayers and all the support I have been given.
In the top photo you can clearly see Baby Stu's head on the right, body, and two legs to the left.


How far along? 13 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: Still none! I am shocked. Today I was actually down about a half pound.
Maternity clothes? I have bought a skirt and a few things but not wearing anything yet. I still haven't had to use the magic rubber band trick on my pants. 
Stretch marks? No 
Sleep: Still getting up most nights for a bathroom break. 
Best moment this week:  Today seeing our little baby!
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? Sweet tea and coffee...coffee especially now that work is starting back up. 
Movement: I don't feel any but we now know Baby Stu is having fun in my belly. 
Food cravings: Potatoes  
Anything making you queasy or sick: BBQ  
Have you started to show yet: I have had several people tell me they can notice, but I still feel like it looks like I just overeat. 
Gender prediction: Most of my family keep telling me they have dreamed about boys, but I have no idea. 
Labor Signs: No 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  
Looking forward to: Finding out Baby Stu's gender in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment