Miss Malarie

Thursday, December 8, 2016

30 Weeks

Last weekend I was telling my mom how hard it will be to go back to work since Thanksgiving break was so busy. When I said that, I did not expect what happened next. Ryan and I had been moving and I had started to realize I had been overdoing it. I feel so great all the time, I forget there are things you shouldn't do while pregnant. Like moving an 80 pound box from a truck to the garage. Oops, my bad.

Well on Sunday (11/27) I hadn't slept well through the night at all and just blamed it on being pregnant and uncomfortable. When I got out of bed I had major pain in my back. After attempting to eat some breakfast, I started feeling sick so I decided to lay back down in hopes the pain would go away. I assumed I just pulled a back muscle from moving and doing so much. I felt better after a few hours of laying down so I got back up and finished my day. I felt pretty good again.

Fast forward to right about 4:30, the pain came back and fast. It nearly brought me to my knees and I started getting sick. I couldn't believe how big of a baby I was being over a stupid pulled muscle. I always thought I had handled pain fairly well so I was getting pretty upset with myself for acting this way. I finally started wondering if this back pain was false labor but it was a constant sharp pain. It never let up. After much convincing, I decided to go to the ER because of how much I was getting sick. After a few hours, it was decided I had a kidney stone. Worst pain of my life! The nurses in the birthing center were the sweetest! Whether they were being honest or not, many of them were telling me that passing a kidney stone was more painful than childbirth. Hearing that made me feel much better. After a little over 24 hours in the hospital they gave me the option to go home or stay for a procedure to remove the stone. I chose to go home! Luckily, I passed it that next morning!! What a relief! It is crazy how such a little object can cause SO MUCH PAIN!

Although no one ever wants to stay in a hospital, I was kind of glad I did. I got to meet some of the nurses that will possibly care for us when Sawyer comes. I can't say enough nice things about the sweet, sweet ladies. I felt like they were all trying to bend over backwards and go out of their way to help me have a pleasant stay. They also talked with me about what to expect when I went there to have Sawyer and even showed me around some before I left--too kind. It kind of makes me excited to check in Freeman to have Sawyer because I know my care will be excellent. I also learned a lot about my loving husband. Mostly that his bedside manner needs some work. Ha! We can laugh about it now, but I am pretty sure even he agrees...he was not the best. Let's just say that before I checked out of the hospital, he was complaining of how much his hand hurt from me squeezing it while they were making multiple attempts of putting in an IV. Ummm...he's got a lot more squeezing to get used to come February!!! Nonetheless, I really do have a super sweet husband and I am sure hoping he does better the next go around at the hospital. Haha.

On a lighter note... The weekend before Thanksgiving Ryan and I had some photos taken for a few Christmas cards. I seriously can't believe how great they turned out! I really wanted a few with Abby, but had no clue how they would turn out. She did great. Seeing Abby in the pictures melts my heart. I also wanted just a few photos to remember this precious moment of my life. Lauren Dainty Photography did an awesome job capturing exactly what I had hoped for. Here are just a few many more. How am I to choose my favorites though?!
Side note: The photo above is in the exact spot as my cover photo at the top of the blog. This place is kind of our spot. The cover photo was an engagement photo, so we have changed just a bit.

I love doing life with that handsome man in the photos above. He is going to make one amazing daddy to our precious gift from God. Sawyer, you are incredibly loved!!!! 

Now onto my grungy chalkboard photo...
While Ryan was watching his team, the Chiefs,  on the TV in the other room, I was sneaking in this photo with the Denver Bronco themed chalkboard. Sawyer is going to look so good in blue and orange!!! I can't believe he is already so big inside of me! In two weeks we get to see his precious face on another ultrasound. At my appointment Tuesday, my doctor said she will continue to monitor my placenta placement through an ultrasound until delivery, but it still looks like a cesarean birth is in the future. If that stays the case, my doctor said she will take Sawyer about the 9th of February. That is in just TWO MONTHS people!!! EEK! Aside from my placenta placement and my kidney stone mishap, my doctor says I am doing great on all accounts. Praise God!
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  15 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Well I did manage to find a few pre-pregnancy shirts/sweaters that fit this week so that was exciting!!
Stretch marks? Still not yet, but I am sure that won't last much longer.
Sleep: The pregnancy pillow I bought is pretty great, however I can only use it when I nap, which pretty much never happens. Our bed is too small for both Ryan and I and the big pillow lol.
Best moment this week: Pretty much every day. I am just so thankful to not be in the hospital and in pain. I am definitely trying to enjoy every day before baby Stu arrives.
Miss anything? Not too much this week.
Movement: Yes! He is pretty active every morning and night, but I am starting to notice more movement throughout the day.
Food cravings: FOOD! The other day at work I went to our cafeteria to see if they had any left over cinnamon rolls from lunch because I was so hungry. haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: This past weekend I found out BBQ still makes me sick.
Have you started to show yet: Uh..of course. Usually when people find out I am not due until February, I get a glare. Some days I am not sure how my belly is supposed to continue to grow!
Labor signs: No, although when I was being monitored at the hospital they did tell me I was having a few contractions. Luckily for me, I couldn't tell at all.
Belly button in or out: In still!
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I think I am starting to notice some swelling in my ankles. Oh noooo!!!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Ryan's work Christmas party this weekend. It is in Arkansas so it is always nice to get away for a night or two.

Ryan and I still have some exciting things happening in our lives, besides Baby Stu, that I can't wait to share. I have started that post, but after the hospital stay and trying to get caught up on everything else I haven't found the time to finish. Hopefully this next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment