Miss Malarie

Thursday, February 2, 2017

38 Weeks

IT'S BABY MONTH!!!
So back at my 36 week appointment we got some crazy news. I was measuring 40 WEEKS! It was exciting but kind of scary because our house still had several things to be finished to be able to move in. My doctor definitely didn't have a poker face when she was measuring and checking me out. I think she looked more surprised than I did. That appointment she stressed all the signs to be looking for and she told me either I would be having a very large baby (whole new level of scared) or it looks like baby will be coming early! I called my nail girl that day and moved up my pedicure appointment just to be safe that my toes would be pretty for the day. Wouldn't you?!

Well, here we are 2 weeks later and still no baby. I am pretty patient and I still feel really great, so I am okay if Baby Stu decides to cook a little longer. However, the whole 10 pound baby thought kind of scares the daylights out of me! After my appointment this Monday my doctor wanted to do another ultrasound to check up on some things and give me a piece of mind with the size of baby even though the weight measurement can be a little off. We found out that Baby Stu was measuring at around 7lbs 4oz but was still measuring a week or two ahead of my due date-2/16. We also found out he has HAIR and we still never got a good face shot because he was sucking his thumb. The ultrasound tech was so amazed at how he was so focused on his thumb. It was precious!! So now we play the waiting game.
I seriously can't believe it's February already and that he could be here any day! Just hopefully not tonight because I scored a couple Eric Church concert tickets for Ryan for his early birthday present since we will be pretty busy with baby on his birthday at the end of this month. He will come back home tomorrow and so Baby Stu can come anytime once he is home! Or if he wants to wait until after Saturday, that would be great too because we are finally getting to move in our home!!
 I love celebrating all holidays so I am kind of hoping he will decide to come before Valentine's Day!
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? A mixture of everything--maternity, large shirts, Ryan's clothes, and lots of leggings.
Stretch marks? This past month a few have shown up. Darn!
Sleep: Let's just say I feel like a zombie walking around most of the time since I lack so much.
Best moment this week: Tuesday I had an impromptu ultrasound! 
Miss anything? Sleep and being comfy in bed.
Movement: I still feel quite a bit of movement from our little guy. 
Food cravings: Sonic ice and chocolate shakes. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: BBQ
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and most of my students now jump at the chance to pick things up on the floor for me--SCORE!
Labor signs: I've noticed a contractions/BH the past two weeks.
Belly button in or out: It is still pretty flush with my belly, but not popping out just yet.
Wedding rings on or off? Still on, yay! Luckily I am really not too swollen except when I wear my flats all day and then my ankles swell. Otherwise, all is great!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I have my moments. I think that's due to lack of sleep. 
Looking forward to: Moving in our house this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment