Miss Malarie

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

#studebakerwedding

Snow, snow, snow, snow.  ...I want to wash my hands, my face, and hair with snow.
Is this what it is like in Vermont during the winter? I can't stop singing Bing Crosby's, "Snow," from White Christmas with all of this angelic-like, pure, white snow surrounding us here in Kansas.  However, snow can be a good thing for us teachers...snow day! I took a sick day on Monday and as I was calling in for another sick day on Tuesday, I was notified that school was cancelled. Thank you God. Today was also cancelled. Can you guess how I've spent my past few days, besides listening to my record player? Pinteresting, of course.


And by Pinteresting, I mean planning for my wedding. My mom used to own her own wedding shop and so I feel like I have practically had most of my wedding planned out for awhile, just had to wait for a groom (found him!). She had a great business and did amazing, but it still makes me wonder, what did we do before Pinterest? There are so many really cool (and odd) ideas that I have gotten from the site.

I have sooo many ideas on my "Winter Wedding-Secret Board" and quite frankly, I can't keep them all a secret. So here's a small sneak peek! I have always loved the richness and boldness in black and gold sparkly things. Then after I watched the movie The Great Gatsby earlier this year, I knew I wanted a party like that. Perfect combo and fitting for winter, if I do say so myself. Formal, fun, and classy. My favorite.
I love pictures and constantly post to Instagram, daily. If you follow me, I am sure you are fully aware. Anyway, I love the idea of guests sharing their photos via IG! Then, the parinoid person I am, I was scared someone would already call dibs on the hashtagname I wanted, so I have already been hashtagging my posts. DIBS! #studebakerwedding

Aside from Pinterest, my Erin Condren wedding planner has been awesome for the planning process and organizing all of the dates, phone numbers, to-do lists, the budget, my scattered thoughts, and much more.
***If you are a "Bride to Be" and in need of a planner, here is a code for 25% off your wedding planner! Code:BRIDE2BE25 offer expires on 2/14/14***

IMPORTANT: I have decided on my reception venue and was able to find a place in my hometown. The kicker, it's in the process of being renovated. It is a historic sight downtown and would bring in a lot of business to our small town if the owners were able to finish the project. Money is an issue though so they are trying to get a grant to help the process go by quicker. Please visit this website and vote daily>>> Small Business Grant from Fedex. You can vote daily from each device (phone, iPad/tablet, laptop, etc.). I have faith in them and that it will be BEAUTIFUL! My only other option is to have a reception hall that is out of town and could possibly not work out if a winter storm rolls through next winter. Thanks a million for your vote! :)

10 months and 3 weeks until I become a MRS.! Also, a quick shout out to my main man, Superman, first love--my daddy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

xo
Miss Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment