Miss Malarie

Thursday, January 28, 2016

GEORGIA ON MY MIND

The first thing I did after I left the airport was find the nearest place to get a sweet tea! I love that when you ask for tea in the south you don't have to say sweet tea or ask for sugar. I also love that chicken and waffles are on just about every menu. That dish may not sound very good, but y'all have GOT to try it. The Black Cow served up the best I have ever had. If you are ever near Columbus, Georgia please do yourself a favor and eat there. 11th and Bay Southern Table was great also. In fact, this is where our family ate the first two nights it was so good!

http://www.theblackcowga.com/
Cheddar waffle topped with fried chicken and their house made bacon jam.


Now for the real reason Georgia is on my mind.


"...I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life. I am an American Soldier."


Hearing my cousin Danny speak these words at his graduation as a part of The Soldier's Creed, gave me the chills. I have many family members who have served and are currently serving as a part of our U.S. Army, but something about my little (yes, he will always be considered little) cousin continuing what seems to be the family business is bittersweet.

As an American, you should feel thankful you have someone like Danny helping protect our country. The word PROUD feels like an understatement as to how I feel about this boy.

Follow me.


Like father, like son.



Danny almost has his 1st week of Airborne school complete and in 2 more weeks he will graduate from Airborne and hopefully continue on to Ranger school. 

"God is my strength and my power, and he makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:33-35

No comments:

Post a Comment