Miss Malarie

Friday, July 1, 2016

JULY

July tastes like sweet corn on the cob, sounds like the bang of fireworks, and looks like fireflies dancing in the yard. Three of my favorite parts to summer!

This year my papa helped me start my own garden after watching him, the Garden King, the past few years. To my surprise, it has went extremely well!

Lettuce, carrots, 3 types of onions, potatoes, green beans, peas, corn, jalapenos, green peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, and a few types of herbs.

I have learned so much! Throughout this process I have taken many notes...try a different lettuce, not as many onions, more potatoes...and the list goes on. If you have never planted a garden, YOU SHOULD!
March 5th

 March 29th

May 7th 

April 17th-First time harvesting lettuce. The seeds I used to plant the lettuce were some left over from my Papa's garden. Next year I am going to look for a different type that has a better flavor.

 Abby thinks she is the keeper of the garden.

June 8th-My first BIG harvest.

Since then I have dug up all of my potatoes and onions and am in the process of storing them for winter. I am excited to pick my corn this week! Next I need to pull out the beans and green beans to make way for pumpkins. I have my fingers crossed for them!

"If you have never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden." -Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment