Miss Malarie

Thursday, October 27, 2016

24 Weeks

Has it seriously been 6 months?! Time is flying! These next few months are only going to go by faster since I will be so busy and the holiday season is upon us. Meanwhile, I will just enjoy "My Little Pumpkin."

Yesterday my doctors appointment went great! I had some concern about not feeling any movement from Baby Stu, but she assured me it was either because he is being lazy likes to sleep (like his mother) or also, my Placenta Previa condition might cause me to not feel the movement like normal. Either way, she wasn't concerned at this point. At my next appointment I will have another ultrasound (YAY!) to check on my Placenta Previa condition to see if it has changed at all or if a c-section will still be necessary. Honestly, I am not too worried. I have specifically heard GREAT things about how well my doctor preforms c-sections and how she is a doctor they like to call if one is needed. They will also do my glucose test at my next appointment. Luckily it is right before Thanksgiving so I won't be inhaling pumpkin and pecan pie along with mountains of mashed potatoes the week before the test.

Funny News of the Week:
So this past week we had Parent-Teacher Conferences at work and so on the first day of conferences I was running super late because I felt like I had to put on a full face of make-up, somewhat fix my hair, and dun, dun dun shave my legs. Ha! Well as I was walking into work with my 30oz. Yeti cup of water, breakfast sandwich in hand, my purse, my sack lunch, and bag of other things, I turned down my hallway and completely WIPED OUT! My knee has a pretty nice scrape on it and my new shoes got scuffed (tear, tear!!). Baby was fine because my knee paid the price so I was able to laugh about it as I got up. Luckily no one saw, however I am trying to keep the office staff from rewinding the video cameras. I am sure they would get a nice view.

In other news...   My current 9 year old [dog] child, Abby, has had a rough couple of weeks. I know she is getting pretty old, but I was just saying awhile back how young and healthy she is. Well sure enough, as soon as I say that she started having a few issues. Two weekends ago Ryan had her at my uncle's house playing with his dog and watching the football games when all of a sudden she started having a terrible seizure and lost control of all of her body. Considering this had never happened, I was terrified. After Ryan took her to our vet and tests were ran, the vet said she just had an infection from a cut that we knew she had in her mouth and she just got too exited. Since then, she's had about 3 or 4 more seizures (that we have known of), but luckily not as bad as the first one. The vet told us just to monitor them, but still this fur momma is just a little too nervous about them. Hopefully they start to subside, but if not I am taking her back this next week. I just keep imagining her helping Baby Sawyer scoot around the floor and helping him hold his balance while he tries to walk. I can't wait to see their friendship unfold during Sawyer's first few years.

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  7 lbs (at yesterday's appointment I was weighed with my rainboots on so I told them I was taking at least 4 lbs off the scale--that's only fair right?!)
Maternity Clothes? Still my normal pants, although the other day I wore some of my maternity jeans and Ryan saw the stretchy band top and well...it didn't take long for the laughing to start. Thanks babe! haha
Stretch marks? Not yet. I am always lathering on lotion and I am hoping it helps!
Sleep: Not bad sleep, just waking up early always.
Best moment this week: It was a doctor appointment week, so of course getting to listen to Sawyer's heartbeat was my favorite part!!!
Miss anything? An Angelo's sandwhich sure does sound delicious right about now! YUM!
Movement: Still nothing... That's what I get since I have always said the thought of something moving inside of you is super creepy. I am just ready to feel movement for reassurance.
Food cravings: FOOD! I told Ryan the other day he has to start taking my food away. Haha! This past month, my hunger has been insane! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not too much and I am doing better with the bbq smell.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: Little BOY Stu
Labor signs: Nope. A few weeks ago I started having some pains but luckily those have went away after a few weeks rest and taking it easy.
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: GIRLS WEEKEND!! Tomorrow my mom, 2 of my second mommas, and 1 of their daughters-who is due 2 months before me-are heading out of town for a small fun getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment