Miss Malarie

Thursday, December 22, 2016

32 Weeks

Today I got to see our Baby Stu again through an ultrasound. It was probably the last time I will get to see him before he arrives because I got some great news at my appointment. They had been continually monitoring my placenta placement and it finally moved enough that I will no longer need an early c-section. Sawyer is also no longer breech. Yay! Although this is a healthier position to be in, it does make me a bit nervous. I am such a planner and always try to prepare myself for what is to come, so now instead of having an exact birthdate and plan of action I have to regroup my thoughts and now prepare for a normal birth. My mind was so geared up for one way, but now I will just have to roll with the change of plans. Isn't that what parenting is all about anyway?

During the ultrasound we had some pretty adorable photos of Sawyer, except the umbilical cord was right in front of his face the whole time. That didn't stop us from seeing his adorable little nose though! It is crazy how one tiny little feature can make your heart melt. The doctor told me he is still measuring in the 40th percentile and is weighing 4 pounds. If he keeps this steady growth he should be an 8 pound baby when he arrives. Hopefully he doesn't hit a huge growth spurt while he is still cooking.


This past weekend I had some close friends throw me a small, but sweet, baby shower for Sawyer. It was on the coldest day of the year, but there were still some pretty special people that braved the cold. Sawyer sure is loved dearly already. He got some of the most thoughtful and sentimental gifts. My hormones have stayed in tact during the majority of the pregnancy, but opening some of these gifts made me tear up. Ryan's mom gifted us with a sack filled with several pairs of adorable shoes that then uncovered a bundle of books, which was when I realized they were all Ryan's old things. Ryan's mom then gave us a quilt that had several of Ryan's old outfits and bibs incorporated into it with a tearjerker poem. At this time, the tears started to fall. My best friend had a quilt made for Sawyer that had part of her bridesmaid dress that she wore in Ryan and I's wedding sewn into it and wrapped up in the sash she wore around the dress on our wedding day. Could she be anymore thoughtful?! Sawyer also received many other thoughtful gifts from people that love him already. I can't wait to share with him the stories behind each of those gifts.

These two made my day extra special by showing up. My cousin Madi has been living with her dad in Hawaii and Danny has been off in Georgia in the Army and so I haven't been able to see them in awhile. It was also the last time I will be seeing our Danny boy until August or September because in a few weeks he will be shipped overseas to the Middle East to do what he was born and raised to do. This last January I got to fly out to see him graduate from Basic Training and this January he will be flying off to fight. Out of all the "see you later's" I have had to say to family members going off to fight, this has definitely been the hardest. I am so very proud of you Danny and love you more than you will ever know! Sawyer will be so excited to finally meet you when you arrive home.

Good thing the best gifts aren't found under the tree because Ryan and I's gift is on backorder until February.
How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  16 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? A mixture
Stretch marks? Still not yet.
Sleep: Sleep is starting to get pretty rough.
Best moment this week: Today getting to hear Baby Stu's heartbeat and seeing his precious face.
Miss anything? The ability to bend down or put on shoes without being out of breath.
Movement: Yes! Still a little creepy for me at times, but I do love being able to know he is doing well in my belly. It is a reminder of how thankful I am that God blessed Ryan and I with such an incredible gift.
Food cravings: Milk and sweet things have been sounding pretty good lately.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I got a whiff of BBQ sauce that Ryan was using tonight at supper and it made me queasy still.
Have you started to show yet: Do I need to even bother answering this question anymore? On Tuesday, my mom and I finished up our Christmas shopping and I think at least one person in each store we went in asked me when I was due.
Labor signs: I think I was feeling some Braxton Hick contractions on Sunday, but nothing bad.
Belly button in or out: Still holding on to my innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I can definitely see some swelling in places.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! It is almost Christmas, how could I not be?!
Looking forward to: Christmas!!! It is my favorite! Christmas music has been playing in my car since the week before Thanksgiving.
Merry Christmas from our growing family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment