Miss Malarie

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Babymoon

After rescheduling and planning a vacation about 5 times, Ryan and I finally just took off for an adventure. This was originally supposed to be our 1st anniversary trip then 2nd anniversary trip and with other things that kept popping up, it never happened. We knew if we didn't just pack up and go, we would never get to take a much needed trip. Especially once Baby Stu arrived. We chose to go to one of my favorite places, Savannah, Georgia. It is such a quaint town with tons of historic charm. A perfect place to relax and unwind. Just what we needed before the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I hadn't realized how busy and stressed I was until we got there and I shut off my email and ignored my calendar that basically decides my every move. It was such a nice getaway where many sweet memories were made.
Savannah has 22 historic and beautiful squares. Ryan and I walked through a few one morning while sipping on our hot (decaf) coffee. It was the perfect fall day. I am pretty sure if we had Baby Stu with us in a stroller he would have loved it. So charming! Forsyth Park is probably one of my favorite places just because of how big it is and the beautiful water fountain.

One day we had planned to make the short drive to Tybee Island to see the lighthouse and eat breakfast. As we left we found out the bridge was closed. Talk about a let down. Instead we decided to be spontaneous and headed out to Nashville for the last 24 hours of our trip.

Although we only spent 24 hours in Nashville, we made every minute count. We hit up yummy places to eat, saw beautiful murals, visited historic attractions, and did I mention places to eat?! I can't wait to go again some day to go to all the food places we didn't make it to!
The first stop we made when arriving in Nashville was The Pharmacy.  I am not a huge burger person, but the burger and fries were delish! I had a yummy root beer to drink that I am sure would have made for one amazing root beer float.

For supper we ate at a place downtown just off the strip. It was a place that we just kind of ran into and for the life of me I can't remember the name. Ryan and I ended up ordering the same thing, mac-n-cheese with spicy chicken. YUM! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Whenever we get the chance to go back to Nashville, we will be finding this place again.







After supper we headed over to Bobbie's Dairy Dip to feed my ice cream craving. We heard it was the best and it most certainly was!! Ryan enjoyed watching me attempt eating the ginormous dipped cone. I ate every bite!






The next morning we stopped quickly by the famous Bluebird Cafe for a snapshot in the dark before heading to The Pancake Pantry for breakfast. Next time we are that way, I hope to stop by the Bluebird while it is actually open. For those that love the show Nashville as much as I do, I know you understand! Now back to food....at The Pancake Pantry I had pancakes with a pecan butter and syrup. Oh my did it hit the spot. Once again, this Nashville eatery did not disappoint and is another highly recommended place to stop by.
After breakfast we made the long trek home. Nashville, we will be back for you!!!




EXCITING NEWS!!!
We bought a house! This actually happened during the car ride home from this Babymoon adventure. It was very spur of the moment and spontaneous because we had just started the building process on our forever home on our land in the country. Ryan and I have always wanted to build our home in the country and our dream was just about to take root, but God had other plans. For now, the building is put on hold for the next couple years. We decided with having Baby Stu in short while, building a house would just be too stressful for the time being. On the way home my dad called us with a crazy idea of purchasing a home as a fixer upper that wouldn't take as long as a new build and honestly, the deal was just too good to pass up. I know God had a hand in bringing this opportunity towards us because the house we bought wasn't even for sale and everything has worked out perfectly in my eyes.
This house had been setting vacant for awhile in my parents quiet neighborhood (that happens to be a perfect place for a little family) because of a house fire. The house had always been a rental and since the fire, the owners hadn't done anything yet. Come to find out, when we called to ask about purchasing the home, they had plans to start fixing it up in a few weeks! Thankfully for us, they were willing to sell the home and make the process super smooth. Since the first week of December we have been doing renovations in the house just about daily. However, we officially signed on the home TODAY! So that is one reason I have been waiting to post this entry. I wanted it to be official, although in a small town like ours word gets around rather quickly and most people already know that we bought the house.

Some of the people that have found out have kind of acted like we were crazy to purchase a home that had a fire, but honestly it hasn't been too bad. Also, Ryan and my dad both work construction so they knew the what we were taking on when starting the process. The fire mainly took place in the garage with minimal smoke damage throughout the house, which made it easier to repair. But....if you are a HGTV and Fixer Upper fan like me, you would redo more than the minimal damage.  Ryan did put a halt to tearing down any walls (haha!), but I did get him to put a hole in the wall for a built in  cabinet! Even though we just signed the papers to make it official today, we have done a lot of work. Our original goal was to be in by February 1st, but it may be the next week. Ultimately, before Sawyer gets here so hopefully he cooks just a bit longer! Things are going really fast though and I can't wait to post some awesome before and after photos when everything is done. For now..a sneak peek because I LOVE our flooring! They haven't even put in the grout yet, but I couldn't resist snapping a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment