Miss Malarie

Thursday, September 1, 2016

16 Weeks

These past two weeks sure have been busy with the hustle and bustle of back to school and volleyball season starting up. As exhausted as I am, it feels like the weeks have flown by. One weekend my mom and I went shopping for the bump since it was our last free weekend for awhile. I was kind of dreading the whole thing but we had a lot of fun and actually found some cute clothes. I still fit in all of my normal clothes just fine except 2 pairs of dress pants, but my shirts are starting to get tight. That day we also found some adorable Osh Kosh overalls for Baby Stu to decorate with at our Gender Reveal Party. Check out the picture below. Plus they were only $6 each. SCORE!

Then, last week Ryan and I finally had an evening together at home with no plans. I am still in disbelief. They are very rare to come by. We were able to drink our “Baby Bottle” my cousin gave us at our wedding shower. It was the last of our celebratory bottles to drink! We had a wine bottle for several different celebratory events in the first few years of marriage. We have enjoyed drinking each of them, but drinking the sparkling grape juice has probably been my favorite celebration.

This past weekend we went back to Ryan’s hometown for the Thayer Homecoming and Watermelon Festival. It is usually on Labor Day weekend but was changed this year. I always enjoy going back for the festival each year. The weekend is super busy but so much fun is had and many memories are always made. I thought this shirt was fitting…

Last Wednesday Ryan and I went to see Baby Stu in hopes of finding out the gender. Well, it appears Baby Stu is already acting like me and being super stubborn because the nurse wasn't 100% sure of the gender. She mentioned possibly coming the next week and of course I was all for it. Why would I not want the chance to see our little Stu baby again?! Yesterday I went back and Baby Stu was still being shy and not letting us really see their face but she managed to get a glimpse of the gender! EEEK!!! I can NOT wait to find out! This is a magical envelope that holds so much power. Almost as much as your letter to Hogwarts. A few more years little one...

The gender is still a SECRET to Ryan and I and we will find out at our Gender Reveal Party on Sunday with our family and friends! I am sooooo excited! Right now my dad is the only one who knows so he can get the right color of powder for the big surprise. There are moments I think how fun it would be have a girl with the big bows and adorable outfits, then I quickly think how awesome it would be to have a boy and watch them grow up. I honestly do not care the gender! I know God will place the perfect child in Ryan and I's care. However, I am having a way more difficult time deciding on a name for a girl than a boy though.


How far along? 16 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself at home still so as of last week nothing. 
Maternity clothes? A few things just for comfort but I am still wearing all my pants!
Stretch marks? No, but I really need to find a good cream and lotion....ANY SUGGESTIONS?! 
Sleep: Great
Best moment this week:  
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? A good steak! I love my steak medium rare and if it can't be pink, it's a waste of meat. Haha.
Movement: I keep paying close attention, but nothing yet. I have even wondered a few times if I felt anything, but it is probably just my imagination.
Food cravings: Not really, maybe just potatoes? Food doesn't always sound great.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not to much, just the smell of BBQ.
Have you started to show yet: I definitely think so.
Gender prediction: According to all the Wives Tales almost all predictions look like boy, but I still have no prediction of my own.
Labor Signs: No 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment