Miss Malarie

Sunday, January 3, 2016

TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN

Last year through the holidays I remember singing, "Have yourself a merry little Christmas, may your heart be light. Next year all your troubles will be out of sight," and praying it would be true. I'm so happy with how this year turned out. God has truly worked in my life this year. There may not have been what most would consider GREAT things that happened, but I accomplished what I hoped to do. Stay happy without stress and worry controlling my life. I can't wait to build on that and see what God has in store for us in 2016!!

2015 gave us so many memories.
January- We moved into to our first home together after we returned from our honeymoon. My great grandmother Mosler passed away the day after we returned. Ryan took me to see Garth Brooks in concert.
February- My dad's cancer scans were ALL CLEAR. Ryan and I's first holiday as husband and wife. It was very punny. >Here are our favorite puns< Our dog, Abby, at nearly 3 POUNDS OF CHOCOLATE and survived. 
April- We bought 10 acres on the pit I grew up on (Mosler's Resort) in hopes to build on it someday soon
May- Ryan's sister got married and my cousin Madi graduated high school. We attended several Blaster's baseball games. Ryan's grandpa lost his sweet wife.
June- We attended our first ever Chingawasa Days with my Aunt and Uncle and saw Casey Donahew for the billionth time. My cousin Danny graduated high school in North Carolina and was then sworn into the Army. We made it through another family campout, Great Gatsby style.
July- Our good friends Taylor and Alex were married. We started attending a new church in hopes of finding a fitting church home.
November- Spent the month being thankful for health. It has been about a year since our parents were dismissed from hospitals for health concerns.
December- My cousin Madi got engaged during Christmas dinner. Celebrated our FIRST Christmas as a married couple and then our FIRST anniversary by ice skating at Crown Center in Kansas City. It rained-no surprise.

This is the first weekend in 4 or 5 weeks we have been Ryan and I have been home. It was so nice to start this 1st Sunday morning of 2016 in church again. It has only been 3 days into the new year and so much is starting to play out already. We are seeing excitement and challenges in our coming future, but with my amazing husband by my side and God guiding us we can not fail.


"God will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go. He will guide me with His eye."
Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment